Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back to the blog...

Sorry, I’ve been a little tardy to the blog party, lately. Have you ever noticed how things seem to really get busy at work just prior to taking some time off? That’s the way it’s been these past few days. I’ve really been trying to stay focused on work matters but, I’ve got to admit, this is my last day on the job and I’m really beginning to get into a “vacation frame of mind”.

Right now, I’m in La Jolla, it’s early and I’m about to go out for a run. The route down by the La Jolla Cove (click) and along the beach is one of the greatest runs you’ll find anywhere and I should be out there as the sun comes up. You’ve got to love Southern California.

The preparations are continuing. Last night, I was finally able to finally spend some quality time with my new camera. It’s been a crash course on this thing and I’m pretty amazed at what it can do. Luckily, my neighbor stopped by last weekend and gave me a few tips. He’s an actual cameraman who works in television (shot “Everybody Loves Raymond” and is currently working on “Hot in Cleveland”). He’s a great guy and the right person to have around when you’re learning a new piece of gear. He also reads this blog, by the way, so here’s a shout out, “Thanks, Paul”!

I have one more meeting today then its back to LA and dinner out with Kathie (the lovely Mrs. Evans) tonight at Shutters. I’ll be out of town on Valentine’s Day so we’re celebrating early. Tomorrow, it’s packing up and going through the check list one more time. Saturday morning it’s off to Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment