Monday, February 21, 2011

Made it!!


19,340 feet! We made it to the summit at sunrise Sunday morning. It was an amazing experience and I’ll have all the details for you later when I have more time to set it all down. In case you would like to know what sunrise on the top of Africa looks like, check out the shot. Hopefully, you’ve been able to follow the story on the RMI site. Let me just say it was cold, windy, oxygen deprived and absolutely incredible.

We came off the mountain yesterday and I’ve never been so tired in my life. I also picked up a little intestinal problem our last day in camp. I think it’s known as the African squirts (TMI?) so last night it was sleep and Cipro. I’m feeling much better and today it’s a little R&R in Arusha and one of the Tanzanian national parks. More later.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! An incredible feat. I can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DADDDDDD!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! You're SO COOL.

    ReplyDelete